"Wake every day with a WINGED HEART and give thanks for another day of LOVING." (Khalil Gibran)

Saturday, October 6, 2007

To Patricia and Karla

Patricia, my dear friend, you have been my shoulder to cry on, my cheerleader, my prayer partner, my sounding board, and my rock. Without you, I'm not sure I could have held it together this week or for many weeks in the past. You were with me when I was diagnosed with kidney cancer to comfort me, you have made many journeys to the Cleveland Clinic with me, you comfort me when the pain becomes almost unbearable, you cry with me and for me, you are always only a phone call away, you share your medical knowledge freely, and now you, once again, have been here for me during a most difficult time. I hope you know that your friendship is one of the blessings I cherish the most. I am so grateful for you. Love you, my friend.

Karla, you are a new "web" friend, but one that I also cherish. Your website is such an inspiration to me, as are you. The email you sent me yesterday has been read over and over and, each time, I am blessed not only by your generous spirit, but by your willingness to do God's work. You quoted Psalms, "I Shall Not Be Moved." This has always been one of my favorite songs and I know that you were guided to include that quote in your email. It's not often I meet someone I feel connected to, even though I know we meet those we are supposed to meet. I think sometimes we just get too busy and pay so little attention to others that we just don't know that our paths were SUPPOSED to cross. Thank you for not being too busy and for taking the time to pray for me. May you always be blessed and I wish you every success with your faithbooking.

For those who don't know, Karla's scrapbooking site is Lifesong Kreation Freebies.

1 comment:

Karla Kellum said...

Our meeting was definitely ordained by God and I am just so tickled that my email brought a blessing to you and renewed strength to keep going. Look forward to what the future has to hold for us.