"Wake every day with a WINGED HEART and give thanks for another day of LOVING." (Khalil Gibran)

Thursday, April 3, 2008

Hi There and Many Thanks!

Thank you so much for the wonderful comments left here and on 4Shared regarding the Easter kit. I know everyone is busy but you wouldn't believe how motivated and encouraged I get from the simple "thank you's" left. It really makes me want to create and share more and more!

How's everyone doing? I've mostly had a good couple days. My niece, Denise, who is expecting, has agreed to allow me to throw her a baby shower in August and I'm really psyched! I can't wait to find out if she's having a little girl or a little boy. Of course, her little girl wants a baby sister and her little boy wants a baby brother!! LOL

Also, I found out that a group I paper scrap with is having a crop the end of April and I can't wait!! There's a bunch of my friends and family going, including my CT member, Patti, my stepsister, and three of my nieces! We should have a real blast. I don't know if I'll make it for all 12 hours, but I'm sure going to give it a go! Then, today, I found out that my 12 year old niece, Candy, brought home all A's and one B on her report card! Go girl! I'm really proud of you!! Here's a picture of her with my great-niece, Taylor. It was taken this past Christmas...in case you can't tell from the reindeer ears! LOL




I have another wonderful thing happening but I can't tell you all yet...the announcement will come soon! All I can say is that I'm going "fishing!" I know, tease...tease!!! LOL

I'm working on a kit that I absolutely love. It's a vintage kit inspired by the women's suffrage movement in several countries. So far, I've found images from England, the Netherlands, Australia and, of course, the US. While it is a theme kit, the papers, ribbons, etc. are suitable for many other uses. I'm also going to make sure there are a couple elements suitable to commemorate those who are voting for the first time this year. It's coming along nicely and I should have it up over the weekend if all goes well. It will be a kit for sale but there will be a freebie sampler.

The only thing that isn't so good is that I went to the doctor today and he feels it is time for my chest to be surgically repaired again; that we have reached the point where the benefits outway the risks. I'm pretty mortified at the thought of a 14th surgery, but I know I'll get through whatever comes with faith and the friendship, good thoughts, and prayers of those around me...including all of you!

Well, I don't have much else to say tonight (or should I say this morning!). I'll have that announcement for you soon and check back this weekend for the Women's Suffrage sampler freebie.

Blessings and prayers,
Sally

ps Don't forget that I'd love to see layouts you create with my kits!

No comments: